Now that my vacation by the beach is over, all is left to do is talk about it. Starting with the little things that I carried everyday with me and on me, to make those beach days easier and worry-less.
- First there’s the slip-on dress, that comes in so handy when sudden cravings hit me and I have to stay in line for pancakes, donuts, ice-cream, melon glacé, corn, you name it. Luckily, there’s never a line for Coca-Cola. And luckily, the dress is flowy enough to hide a food baby and to be pulled up my legs in 5 seconds.
- A colourful headband, because big hair, strong breeze and sticky hands (from all the ice-cream, pancakes and donuts mentioned above).
- Sunglasses, duh! Because they make you look so cool in pictures, when you just woke up from a post pancakes nap.
- A necklace made of shells that I received as a present many years ago, and that always makes me feel extra exotic
- Baby blue Birkenstocks, which so conveniently, can be worn not only at the beach, but also out for dinner or drinks, without having that way-too-casual look of regular flip-flops
- Last, my new bag crush, a striped one that I found in a vintage store just a few days before this holiday, and that’s big enough to hold all my beach essentials
That sums up the things I couldn’t live without when at the beach, and no, a bathing suit is definitely something I could do without, especially in Vama Veche, a place that embraces all things natural and where there’s no room for inhibitions. But more about that in a future post. Have a great weekend!